Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 6 - Beloved Pets - The 30 Day Blog Challenge

Day 6 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge requires me to discuss beloved pets. And yet, I can't do so without a heavy heart. Allow me to describe my tragic story.

THE 30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE

Day 6 – A photo of an animal you'd like to keep as a pet


Yes, my friends. That is White Fang. Am I the only one who watched this cartoon when we were younger? I have yet to find someone who shares a love for this cartoon. The Legend of White Fang, created in 1992, was a cartoon that followed the adventures of a young girl who befriends a wolf-husky mix on Alaskan Klondike territory. Together, they explore the wilderness, and encounter many dangers along the way. But while danger perpetually existed, White Fang stuck to Wendy as her loyal follower, protector, and friend.

Seriously, such an awesome cartoon! I remember munching on my Wheaties every morning watching this show.

Friends, I had my own little White Fang... but not quite. When I was four years old, my parents brought home a bunny. I know, so cute, right? This picture is the closest I could find that resembled how she looked like. I loved her so much that I spent quite a long time deliberating on what to name her. After a few days, I aptly named her Bunny. Clearly, I was a creative child.

I absolutely loved Bunny, so much that I'd even sneak out little snacks to feed her when no one was looking. Apparently, my four-year old self had no idea that crackers wouldn't be the best snack to feed tiny Bunny. However, we soon learned something even more tragic. My Dad found it strange that Bunny never made a sound, and never seemed to move. Ever. After a quick visit to the vet, my parents broke the news. Bunny was mute, deaf, and blind. And after a few months, Bunny tragically passed away. It was a terrible day for my four-year old self. I didn't quite understand what happened to Bunny. All I knew was that she was gone. And I loved her.

And so, if I ever had to choose a pet to have, I'd be torn between two choices. A wolf-husky mix who sticks closer to me than a brother a la White Fang (clearly, my cartoon watching has left me with grand expectations about loyal huskies. Are there even such things as wolf-huskies in real life?). Or a pet that reminds me of my first Bunny love. Both options would be more than enough to satisfy me.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to be a depressing blog post. Forgive my walk down pet memory lane, my friends? Let's end on a happy note. Pet owners, please give your respective animals a huge, huge, huge hug for me. Please and thank you!

"Life is too ironic to fully understand. It takes sadness to know what happiness is. Noise to appreciate silence. And absence to value presence."

2 comments:

  1. excellent articles, useful for me. keep writing and happy blogging.

    online pharmacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole from Hungary :)September 18, 2011 at 3:28 PM

    I'm a White fang lover too! :) I want to have a husky once upon a time. :)

    ReplyDelete